Wacht am Rhein

Hi guys!

I must admit that this mission was the toughest one so far (beats even Dunkirk ;) ). I had to reload it six times before I finally found out the right tactic: my Brummbären used AREA FIRE successfully to take out those one million anti-tank guns. Are there any other strategies to take out AT-Guns? Even my sniper got clipped by these guns every time...

I had my 2 Brumbar hold position on top of a hill well back from the allied position. I had my infantry crawl forward. They were able to get into positions to spot the artillery without being seen themselves. The Brumbar then took care of the rest.

I'm halfway through this, and really enjoying it.

My sniper went right flanking and crawled right up to the enemy and as you say the brumbar's have pretty much cleared the right side trench lines, the sniper finished the last 2 guys off.

Now, I guess, I have to clear the left side before going over the ridge line into the village. Great mission, weather's a bugger though, poor viz'.

The more I play this the more I see and like and the better I get at the "controls". Can't wait for waypoints though, took a lot of micromanaging to get all the troops and vehicles through the dead ground!

Sometimes it's more like "TofW-Military Police - directing traffic in WWII," well untill the shooting starts smile.gif

Try to knock a hole in the line of AT guns using artillery. If you manage that you can swamp each AT gun in turn by carefully using the terrain to shield your tanks from the rest of the enemy. This is one of the few missions where you have plenty of tanks and infantry are more than cannon fodder, sneak them forward into assault positions and it gets a lot easier to pull off flank attacks.

Have fun

Finn

I sent a squad of infantry to scout the left side of the battlefield only to find a nasty little minefield... I was a little slow working out why the enemy "fire" was so accurately picking out individual soldiers.

It is a fun mission. Take it slow and steady for the win on this one.

Before the patch wiped my saves,

I got rid of most of the guns using my sniper and Brumbar HE, worked a treat smile.gif

Cleared the forward slopes first, right then left. After that went over the ridge in a charge, got the rest of the guns and the remaining trences, just time to reform for the counter attack.

I'm actually looking forward to doing the German Campaign again post patch.

Thanks for the tips, K9Crump, your advice is VERY similar to what my sniper said after going left! LOL