Villers Bocage

I do like this game a lot, but has anyone picked up what is wrong historically with the Villers Bocage part of the German campaign?

Apart from the composition of the British convey, it's heading the wrong way - towards Villers going West, rather than out of Villers going East.

Also Whittman's unit is positioned on the northern side of the road, whereas the unit was actually on the southern side.

Would be really interesting to set up so it was historically accurate and see whether one Tiger could get all the way into Villers.

Have you rotate your map, ???

Cos Wittmann started on the southside of the RN175

goining West toward Villers at the hight of Les Hauts Vents,So on my game that is from the right to the left.

Mobius was on the other side of the road, but more to the East.

You are right about the missing part of Wittman

actualy entering Villers, but thats another thing. (Devs ? )

I know the mission is not 100% historic correct,

But it give's a pretty good idee, ;)

I hope, just as you i gues, to play some more historic missions in the future,

Remembering another tread about the Caen-sector. smile.gif

best regards

from memory, when I played the Allies campaign, the setup was reversed to that of the German campaign... ie. the allies campaign was positioned correctly and the German campaign was positioned incorrectly.

This got quite confusing as in the German campaign I had all my units facing the wrong direction... they all got shot up the ass and knocked out rather quickly, DOH!

[EDIT]

has anyone here played the CMBO version of Villers Bocage? a lot tougher than this campaign... still fun though

• 2 weeks later...