Draw - What to do?

Last night I played the "Mongoose" scenario of the German campaign. The game was once again a blast but I had an occurrence that I remember too well from Close Combat: My infantry, especially my snipers, had taken out more than 90% of the "Amis" but the tank battle hadn't gone quite so well. In fact, the situation was a stand-off: The American tanks, obviously quite true to the rules of book, did not dare to advance one more inch towards my remaining PAK and infantry on the reverse slope of a a hill without infantry support. The Germans also couldn't muster another suicide run across the hill as the American tank crews were very watchful (lost a few good veterans!).

Now, in such a case wouldn't it be possible for the program to offer a popup with the option to end the game in a draw?

Alternatively, this could also serve as a trigger for more reinforcements. Otherwise the player is left with the (unattractive) choice of either ordering his side to commit suicide in a frontal attack or to simply end the game and reload it. The last option was mine, of course. But I regretted it somehow because the AI had fought so valiantly.

I'm currently at this mission, its not the easiest mission, a lot of enemy tanks and TD's. The tanks will not advance even if they have a lot/all infantry around. Even the infantry dont advance, they dig in the trenches before the town.

Spoiler:

If you kill the tanks which will not advance to the town, just prepare a well placed defence, because, tanks are just pouring.

br.

Dr.Jones

Man, the exact thing happened to me. I just suicided out of it, took the lose, and moved on. I was pissed, but I understand the limits of the game so far. YOu and I know its a draw, but the game isnt on the same page yet. I think that there will be alot of changes to come.

Mike

Thanks, guys!

Second time I won big but it didn't feel so good as I knew where to place my guns and tanks to take the US tanks out over long range. I whished the program would randomize the order of battle (and setup as defender) for the computer controlled side. But that will be another patch I suppose.