USSR Campaign: Mission 10 "Liberation" whats the secret?

Hell,I ve finished all campaigns except the Soviet one (difficult level hard). But this mission is somehow unbalanced. I mean: You have to clear the enemy Village and to man the unmanned King Tigers there until a enemy Tiger2 convoy arrives.

I ve tryed it with different forces. 2x JS2+1xSu85+inf or 3xT34/85+1xSu85+inf but no real sucesses. The guarding forces at the village, which I ve to capture, cosists of 1x TigerI and 2-3 PzIV. No problem but on the way to them, a force of 2xPzV and 1xTigerI crushes into my forward storming tanks. One time, I managed to destroy them all with 2xT34/85 left, but then the enemy German TigerII Convoy (3xKingTiger and some Pz3) arrives in the village and sends my brave fighters one level deeper.....

Anyone any ideas how to finish this for me the most frustrating mission/campaign of theatre of war?

Thx

Otcho

I made that mission in the easy setting.

I ambushed the first convoy ( the one with the king tigers) by sniping with a t34\85 from a distance, to get their atention, then withdraw (retreat behind the ridge, i deployed the other tanks (took 3 t34\85 and one su85 (the JS2 have very few ammo rounds) on flanking position left and right side of the ridge, when the enemy cross the ridge one by one, finished them with side shots.

Proceeded to the village flanking by the left side, concentrated fire on the tigers and panters showing up from the left, then the panzer 4 coming from behind the village, sent the inf in the village with a couple of tanks in suport, while deploying the rest of the tanks, you should get 2 t34 and one JS2 reinforcements by then, in the low ground behind a ridge in the right side of the village. Then take out the next panzer wave as they came by, then wipe out the inf advancing.

Basicaly is what you did, but with plenty of fast save and fast reload and easy settings.

This cenario and the kursk cenarios are too much unbalanced.

Someone should say to the developers at 1C that the king tiger, elefant and tiger were not the more numerous models available in the reich arsenal, neither the JS2 and su22 in the soviet side.( I never fought a su76 in the german campaign, but plenty of JS2 and su 122,and in the russian side i killed more Elefants than the german had in all the western front.)

P.S. You realy have to ambush the king tiger column before proceeding to the village, deploy behind the first ridge, advance a tank and open fire on the flanks of the convoy, then withdraw, and wait for them in flanking ambush position, never engage the kingtiger frontal armour, and when withdrawing use the retreat button.

[ May 18, 2007, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: MikoyanPT ]

@MikoyanPt

Thanx for your replys.I ll do it your way, the next time when my nerves have regenerated to a normal level. Until this mission I only had an average quote of 2 x quicksaves per mission.

@Bad

The inf is useless against heavy tanks. I have to split my tank group as Mikoyan told me. Its all about the tanks in this battle, isnt it?