Transporting Troops

I assume that you're playing CMBB (the Russian Front), is that correct ?

Pay attention to the type of artillery spotter that you have. If they are 'wire/phone' based then they can't get on a vehicle since that would 'disconnect' them from their batteries/fire-control center, thus making them incapable of fulfilling their mission. It would be unrealistic to allow them to remain in contact and spool wire from a moving vehicle (it would probably break the line and/or they would run out of wire and have to stop to splice to another spool).

Radio spotters should be able to mount up on motorized transport, though in reality some higher level attachements (divison, corps, etc.) may have required spotters to be equipped with very heavy radio sets. This would have required them to use dedicated vehicles with the set mounted in it semi-permanently.

Danke! I knew the answer would be simple! I recall reading now about the wire/phone versus radio spotters!

I've just spent the last 3 years with Panzer Elite as a team doing scenarios and prior to that was into East Front/West Front a game more like CM.

I can't decide if I should get into that huge argument on Carell & Glantz! Wow! I already went thru that in the PE Forum!

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

I assume that you're playing CMBB (the Russian Front), is that correct ?

Pay attention to the type of artillery spotter that you have. If they are 'wire/phone' based then they can't get on a vehicle since that would 'disconnect' them from their batteries/fire-control center, thus making them incapable of fulfilling their mission. It would be unrealistic to allow them to remain in contact and spool wire from a moving vehicle (it would probably break the line and/or they would run out of wire and have to stop to splice to another spool).

Radio spotters should be able to mount up on motorized transport, though in reality some higher level attachements (divison, corps, etc.) may have required spotters to be equipped with very heavy radio sets. This would have required them to use dedicated vehicles with the set mounted in it semi-permanently.