Mission Tank Battle Seelow (New mod)

Hi all,

This mission is brand-new and I got inspired by Moon (using other maps and integrate and change some tactics and we have a whole new battle)

Ok, what is it?

Here some details:

Cutdown version 1.1

Fiction battle:

After Seelow the Germans are trying to free some troop pockets and send a spearhead of tanks to relief them.

You the German Commander.

Clear the area around the bridge, hold it and break through to the town Seelow. Hold the corridor there and advance to point one, relief our troops.

Watch your flanks Commander!

Commander, you will get only a total of 22 armored units, use them wisely.

8 SPG

14 Tanks

Commander, you can expect mines, artillery, bombers and furious counter attacks.

Do not and I repeat, do not take the high roads. You are this way very vulnerable to bombers and battle planes, who will stop or destroy your spearhead.

Commander, lets ride our Teutonic Knights once again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teutonic_Knights

Put this map in your single missions map

Warning: This mod can give still some problems on slower spec. computers like slowing down or a CTD due the plenty use of units!

A total Ger/Rus unit count:

465 units

Give your comments please!

You can download it at:

http://www.cmmods.com

Name:

Tanks_Seelow.WR.zip

Good hunting,

War Raven.

[ June 11, 2007, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: War RaVeN ]

War raven next time or when you have time take the briefing map and save as a gif or jpg and up load it to the missionfile where you put the cmmods.com

and it will place the map up there like I put up under mission#3. So people can view the map.

Also why so big theres no way to make this a pak file or something it has to be this big?

The map is not showing up in the brieffing screen don't for get you have to make a folder with the name of the mission too, I had to make one I do know something a little about xml files so I opened it up to get the name of your mission.

I would just make the folder then place all your content then zip it up and place it on cmmods.

Tank_battle II is your missions name. Dont now about the problem with the briefing map not showing up though you might want to ask?

[ May 07, 2007, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: Wolfseven ]

Ok I played it was fun until it got to unplayable with all the units on the map. I made it up into the hill where you had the 2 A-T guns but thats when I froze, had to Task manager out and stop. the game was not responding. When I ended the game it dumped me back into that windows default video screen, so I had to go back and change my settings. Boy I sure hope they found out why it freez's and does'nt return back to your video setting.

Great to see this and other mods starting to come out. Since we don't have a dedicated place to discuss modding (yet) (we will soon im sure)...perhaps we could discuss this and some other xml modding aspects.

First, this mod has too many units for me also or there is a glitch somewhere, but it is a great effort.

I am working on a mod of training mission 4 using just an xml editor. I am simply going to add some infantry on both sides (carefully so as not to place men in buildings, etc.) and then reduce the sleeper russian tank to something much lighter to make it more of a challenge. The idea is to give the player 2 squads and task him with clearing the area in front of a larger advance. I am not planning on messing with the triggers at this point as it is really not needed. The only catch will be what the code does with the extra men I assign when the village ambush trigger calls. Im looking into that.

Is there anything else that needs to be coded when I add units to a group? I don't fully understand placeholders. Any input appreciated.

Some future thoughts...is it possible to place just equipment on the ground by itself (like a cache)?

What would happen if a man was placed inside a building, would he shoot through it?

Wolfseven,

I must still check why the mission map is not showing up? Maybe I forgot something, but thanks for the tip!

btw, it got the wrong briefing.tga :D

The mod have a lot of units (tanks).... maybe when you activate a few or more triggers at once the mod is too heavy to run? I will test that!

Regards,

War Raven.

[ May 10, 2007, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: War RaVeN ]

Ok, I tested it again and still got no problems to run it with all those plenty of units!

But I confess, I failed always redface.gif

Today again, My last tank reach the point (again) but that’s not enough to win the battle :D It was hit on the tracks by the last wave that attacks the rear of your advance.

Regards,

War Raven.

so did you up date the cmmods page for download yet. I had 4 tanks left when I got up the road where the su152 where waiting blew them up with the king tiger using heat rounds nice to see turrets pop off like there supposed to on some of these explosions.

Wolfseven,

Not yet an update! I don’t know how to make that briefingmap... Do you have suggestions Wolfseven? Maybe I miss something again...

4 tanks left. I expect that you never saw the last big wave? Its coming from behind and take sometimes different roads or ways to get you ;)

Regards,

War Raven.

Ok, the update is now on http://www.cmmods.com

The file is a little smaller now... and it shows up fine in the Singel mission map. But still NO briefing picture :D Do have anyone suggestions for how to make one?

And I still don’t know if you need all this files to run it?

Tested it again today with more tanks on the German side and still no problems or a CTD.

btw, I won this time easily now, lol.

Maybe it is better for me to cut some units from the Germans & Russians for running with no problems on slower spec. computers.

Regards,

War Raven.

that is the wrong map for the area you have the battles going on in.

But I can't find why its not showing up in your brieffing view?Also you still forgot to make a folder before zipping it up for exampleC:\Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War\Missions\SINGLE_MISSIONS\ Tanks_Battle II \ mission contents ie, xml files utf-8 files object files, tga file.Some people don't know how to make a folder to put the mission in there ;)

make the folder name Tanks_Battle II place all your files in there than zip it up then upload it to the cmmods site.

[ May 09, 2007, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Wolfseven ]

Too Moon how do we get a hold of the TGA maps that where made for all these maps and can we edit them like they are in the game?

We would like to be able to place those editing military markings for the battle maps and how do you get them to show up in the briefing?

Wolfseven,

For me it is not a problem for showing up the briefing.tga but only to make such a pic.

The first time I forgot this and I quote

“Adding a mission to the list of available missions, campaign editor

!!! For the correct operation of the campaign editor you need to remove the read only tick from the entire folder [Your folder/Theater of War]/Missions and all files inside it.

If you have saved your mission, when you open the campaign editor tree you will find _Not_In_List_(Mission_name) in the tree branch where you have saved your mission.

Activate the menu by right-clicking _Not_In_List_Mission_name, select Include Mission To Campaign and add it to the list of available missions.

After that you can edit its properties.

Number Mission’s sequence number on the list containing other missions

SID String identifier used by the system. Unique for each mission

Dir Name Name of directory where mission is stored (read-only attribute)

Full Name Mission name

Country Country the player is associated with

Description Mission description displayed in briefing or in campaign

Layer Reference to the *.mat file containing the image of the mission briefing

Success Keyword (MENU, END) or SID of the next mission in case of a victory

Failed Keyword (MENU, END) or SID of the next mission in case of a defeat

You can also add Sub-mission descriptions and properties.

Activate the menu by right-clicking Submission and select Add Submission. After that you will be able to edit the properties of the respective submission.

Number Submission sequence number on the list with other submissions. It influences the way submissions are sorted.

SID String identifier used by the system. Unique for every submission

Objectives Brief description of the objective

State Submission status: HIDE – hidden, not shown in mission briefing, ACTIVE – active and shown in mission briefing, FAIL - lost, WIN - won

EXP Experience points gained by your troops for completing the submission

Description Submission description shown in mission briefing

Success Victory description for the respective submission shown in mission briefing

Failed Failure description for the respective submission shown in mission briefing

Layer Reference to the *.mat file containing image of submission briefing“

And it seems to work now! Or?

After expanding the zip file I just drag the folder “Tanks_Battle_Seelow” to the SINGLE_MISSIONS folder and drop it there.... :D

Regards,

War Raven.

• 1 month later...