ATI Driver: Shadows error

Just to report that the new ATI driver Catalyst 8.1 has caused shadows to be drawn out of place and too large! I rolled back to Cat 7.12- all okay -reinstalled 8.1 and same error.

(8.1 is better for CMSF, though!)

I have an ATI X1950 Pro with WinXP SP2.

Uber patch installed.

I have reported this to ATI

I wondered if anyone else has this problem?

Same here: But it happens to me for all current driver-versions. Tried from 7.6 up to 8.1. It only happens with AA on though. Dont know if its a driver issue or the way the TOW engine works. I have no such things happen in other games.

I have an ATI HD2900XT with WinXP SP2.

I have the calypso-version, so no über-patch yet. I was hoping the patch cures this.......

• 2 weeks later...

Vista, HD2900XT and the 8.1 drivers, uber-patch.

Shadows are bugged. Tried turning off adaptive AA (since it causes problems with several other games), tried turning off Catalyst AI. No luck.

I'll try turning off AA alltogether, but that is a bother because I want it on for all other games. I hope a future patch (either ATI or ToW) fixes this.

Might be an idea. I think even the standard CCC supports preset configurations through the tray icon. I just got the game yesterday and played the tutorials, so I haven't had time to experiment with different graphic settings yet.

However, this seems to be a common issue with latest series ATI cards, so it's always a good idea to let the developers (and through them, ATI) know about it.

Does anyone here use the Omega ATI drivers? While I don't plan on using them, it would be interesting to know if they show the same problems.

I am on an iMac and I use Omega ATI drivers. I have some oddities, such as texture streaks, that maybe textured like the sky, going across the map.

Sometimes also streaks extending from trees, etc.

That's quite annoying, I have to admit...