Will not run - dll error

I re-installed from the DVD and then applied the Uber Patch.

After the patch when I try to run the game nothing happens. When I click on the Configure TOW I get the following error "Dll Library rts.dll cannot be loaded"

I uninstalled and re-installed again. After I re-install just the game from the DVD and run the config it is fine. Then when I apply the Uber patch I get the same error as above.

Please Advise.

ADG

How can I tell which DVD version I have?

I bought this directly from Battlefront when first announced/available. I got the deal that included both the digital dl and DVD.

Did Battlefront send me a dvd from another distributer?

BTW - you a great Sneaksie with your prompt replies in all forums.

Nope - XP Home

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: P4M80P

System Model: AWRDACPI

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2048MB RAM

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: Radeon X1650 Series

Display Memory: 512.0 MB

Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Dell E193FP

Monitor Max Res: 1280,1024

Description: Realtek AC97 Audio

Default Sound Playback: Yes

Default Voice Playback: Yes

Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_82131565&REV_60

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

Type: WDM

Driver Name: ALCXWDM.SYS

Driver Version: 5.10.0000.6250 (English)

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Have you tried installing from your digital download then Uber patch.

Also noticed in another post that people were having probs with a corrupted Uber patch downloaded from strategy informer, maybe you have a corrupted patch?

[ January 29, 2008, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

Adg, I wanted to be sure that your problem was not something larger that slipped though my QA process so I dug up my original ToW DVD and installed the game on my backup PC. The game worked fine (just like you saw) and then I installed the Uber patch and again the game worked fine, so as suggested above, you probably just got a corrupt patch download.

Go ahead and download from one of the different sites and you should be fine. Let us know if you still have any problems though!

Madmatt

• 1 month later...

I have vista 32 whit all the latest drivers and I havent been abel to play the game seince I bought it (nearly a year ago).

The demo works fine. I got the dvd version. I've tested all the "fixes" on this site and it still dosent work. I downloaded and installed the uberpatch wich I taught would get the ToWsetup to work, but I still got the "Dll library rts.dll cannot be loaded" altough the patch is supposed to fix it...

Originally posted by pansarskott:

Thats it? You sell a game that "may or may not" work on vista and you cant even say so in the advertising?

Im sorry to say that this is the last game I will ever buy from you.

Peter

From ToW order page:

* Windows Vista: Windows Vista (32 bit) is not "officially" supported in this release although we have tested with it and have found that if you have the latest, non-beta drivers for your video and sound card installed, it should work.

** Windows Vista 64bit: Due to an incompatability between Vista 64 bit and Theatre of War, the Mission Editor will NOT function in Vista 64 bit.

You are the first customer who reported such error (rts.dll not loading). It may be caused by many things, starting from paranoidal anti-virus software to corrupted Vista installation. If i were you, i would try reinstalling Windows. BTW, which version of Vista do you have (Basic, Premium, etc.)?