Help

I paid and downloaded T.O.W from the internet onto my old computer and also got the disc posted too. I installed the game and got it working ok, but then I got a graphics card which works fine with all my other games but not T.O.W. Anyway I have bought a new laptop and I am trying to install T.O.W but nothing works after I have installed, and when I click to open the game the following message appears '1813-2' Can anyone help?

Hi Sneaksie,

My computer knowledge is rather basic but

I have a graphic card in my laptop and it is aGeforce 8600M GT and I think the video system is DirectX version 10.

I am unsure about the desk top I will check when I get home later.

Thanks

Hm, the game should work on ypur laptop... i'll consult our programmers later about interesting error you've received.

Did you installed Moscow addon? Game doesn't run in both cases, with addon and without it?

By the way, i assume OS on your laptop is Windows Vista - you should run the game in it with administrative privileges (right-click the game executable and choose 'Run as Administrator' from context menu). See if this helps.

Hi

Thank you, if you can find out any more that would be great as I bought the laptop specifically in mind to play TOW. I have tried run as administrator.

My desktop is AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200 2.20 GHZ, I can get the game to work wen I remove the graphics card and tick the box 1 CPU. The graphic card for the desk top is a Radeon X1300.

Best regards

Michael

Make sure you have minimum processess running at the background (web browsers, Outlook, ...), they sometimes can interfere. Try also to temporarily disable antivirus.

Please make a screenshot of the error you mentioned.

Vista doesn't have Dx9 by default, only Dx10, while Dx9 is sometimes needed for games released earlier. You can download latest version of Dx9 from Microsoft.com and install it (then your PC will have both versions of DirectX), it may help to slove the problem.

Please send screenshot with the error, log.lst file from game directory and DxDiag file report (Start > Run > type dxdiag and hit Enter, then save information to file) to dina@1c.ru, we'll see what can be the problem.

Thanks, we received your letter.

Absence of log.lst file indicates that the game itself doesn't even start.

In BFC version eLicense dialog window pops up during first run of the game. Since you don't see it, i can only guess there is some incompatibility between your configuration and eLicense system (probably because of Vista). Please ask someone from BFC about this, because we don't have any information about possible eLicense copy protection issues.

Also you can try to download and install Moscow addon for the game if you haven't - probably it contains updated eLicense modules which may work ok.