Any way to make ToW work with 64-Bit?

I now own ToW, before discovering, via the included readme file, that it won't run on my system.

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Is there any way to use this software, or any patch planned that will fix this compatibility problem?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Thanks for your reply. I checked "run as administrator" and also tried running it with "compatibility mode" for Windows XP. When that didn't work, I tried with compatibility mode off (but "run as administrator" still on).

Unfortunately, it acts like it will run, but then just blips right back to the desktop. I haven't even had a chance to install the elicense. I assume that if I were able to get into the game that it would allow me to register the license?

If I click on "configure ToW" in the start menu, it tells me that the .dll file containing the license cannot be found.

Can anyone offer me any advice in this regard? I'm having a rough time with this getting this to run.

Otrex have you checked your "Data Execution Prevention" (DEP) settings, if its switched on which i think it is as default in 64 bit Vista Ultimate this can stop the game running by blocking programs running that use certain parts of computer memory.It seems to affect only certain programmes that try to use certain parts of memory, when i switch DEP on certain games i have still run ok but others dont, TOW was one that would'nt run. Check the TOW troubleshooting guide about DEP or do an internet search for DEP Vista.

Think settings are in your windows system\maintenence section? Its a bit beyond me but know it can stop programs running. Had tried switching DEP on in my Xp pro 32 bit and it stopped TOW running until i added certain TOW executes into the DEP exceptions tab. Like i said above i think DEP is switched on as Default in 64 bit Vista for all programms (not just the vital windows progs) so that could be your problem.

The DEP section in TOW troubleshooting guide tells you which Executes etc to add to the DEP exceptions tab if you can work out how to do it. Or better still turn DEP off if its possible in 64 bit Vista.

[ January 03, 2008, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]