Anyone with a QuadCore 'round here?

Maybe I just haven't read everything or missed the one detail that is needed to fix this, BUT:

Currently, I have done everything we were told to do if we had problems running the game (run on single CPU, multi display off etc.). Thing is: mine even won't start. My system specps:

Intel Q6600 Core2Quad

2GB DDR-II RAM

GeForce8800GTX (latest drivers)

WinXP Home SP2 (latest updates)

My system is brand-new and my OS was installed only 2 weeks ago. Everything else is running just fine. Any suggestions?

Have you the latest DirectX (Nov 2007) as dont think this shows up on windows update page, you have to maually get it from microsoft site. Have you installed the patch (Moscow addon) Also have you tried renaming the file "title.avi" in your game folder to perhaps "title.bak" so it skips the intro screen, some people seem to have problems showing this screen when game is supposed to launch (maybe a codec missing). The .exe to install codec to show intro is in a folder called "codec" in your game dir just incase you did'nt install it.

[ December 13, 2007, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

Patch is installed, codec is installed. And now something even more weird: The bug that I may not launch the ToW Setup because of a .DLL error didn't happen before I patched, but AFTER I patched the game.

Something's very wrong with my installation and I can't figure out why...

I have rts.dll file in my game dir (816k) thats without the moscow addon installed. Just looked at support file and it looks like the rts.dll is a problem that the moscow addon patch should have put right. Bit of a pain but i think you should download the moscow addon again Earl. Is your Tow on Dvd or is it the downloaded one.

[ December 14, 2007, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]

Perhaps you should try removeing then reinstalling game again after you download moscow patch again or maybe just try the game without the patch first now that you've updated directx etc. Dont forget to unlicence game before you uninstall it first though. Also you may still have to rename that tow2.dll to elicen40.dll after you install again depending if you get that error message again.

[ December 14, 2007, 09:15 AM: Message edited by: Budge4 ]