Friendly AI.

More experienced my troops get stupider they are becoming. I dunno whats going on!

Is it just me or others are experiencing this as well. I patched up to the latest version and started playing the campaign as germans again but my soldiers are performing very poorly no matter how good their skills are. Or did the patch tweak the enemy AI to a level where it is almost impossible to beat him without major losses (I am playing at the highest difficulty)

Unpatched version t-34's were tuff mothers but the patched ones it takes 3 zillion shots from pak 38's (with much much better penetration than even the T-34'S) and I need to win the lottery to take one out with my panzers. Was that how it was in the war? If thats the case why am I not allowed to start with PAK-38's in operation 4 (first snow mission) since it seems to be the only way to take them out?

Tolrak,

have you checked:

a) that your best gunner is behind the Pak's sight? Often the AI places an inferior man as gunner and the best man handles the ammo ... For tanks this is the same.

B) that for some reason the crew fires HE ? I had that happening once or twice, I think.

Only asking because I think the Pak 38 (5cm) does okay with the T 34.

Please ignore if these things are known to you.

Don't forget, the T34 and KW1 were shocking for the german army. One of my grandfathers held them in high respect.

Just reading a book about the Panzertruppe and the early german tanks had nothing to laugh with these steel monsters. They had to go in to about 200-400 meters and win the flank with the short 5cm L42 PzIII. About the same as the M4's later had to do with the Tigers. One thing however the game does not replicate is the T34 turret was easily jammed by even small calibres if one believes veterans testimonies.

Oh yeah. Once you turn on HE you always have to switch it back. A

On op 3 only thing that saved my arse was the pak 38's After I made sure I had good gunners behind the sights. Still it took about 3 zillion shots before they penetrated anything.

What kills me is my crews are elite between 75 to 100 in primary skills and they still can not hit the broad side of a a friggin barn. Even when I am assaulting to HEAT T-34's from almost point black my gunner with 97 wasted 3 out of 4 before he could take out a lousy T-60 (or whatever it is called).

This game has some incredible potential I just hate to see it go to waste.

Me also thinx the new patch made the game lot more diffucult on pre-patched op 3 I only faced a T-34 in the new one I had to take out 4!

Last but prolly the least for now is they should put up the damage and moral status of indiviual units on the main interface in the icons that appear when you group them instead of having to click on each one to see their damage status.

Come on! Y ou guys did a classic like IL-2 how can you miss out on very simple but critical details such as this guys?

Help us help you out (At least deserve my 44 euros , so we could have a mutually beneficial relationship where I keep forkin it out and you give me a quality time with my Panzertruppen! ;) .