campaign starts over and over

Can you save game manually?

If you can't, the game can't write to users folder and thus can't save your game progress (along with preferences).

There are several possible reasons for it. What OS do you use? If it's Vista, make sure you run the game with administrative privileges (in XP this may solve your problem too).

the OS that I use is Vista.when I wanted to save manually, the saved games window popped up and I could write in the name that I chose for that game. Only when I relaunched TOW and used the same profile(I have only one), the load game button was not highlighted, neither was the continue option, and when I opened the same campaign; it was set once again for the first battle. Note: I have allready used the "run as administrator" option for TOW once, should I do this again every time I launch the game?

Note: I have allready used the "run as administrator" option for TOW once, should I do this again every time I launch the game?
Yes, you should. Otherwise saving will not be permitted.

To launch the game as administrator every time, set the Run As Administrator checkbox in the application properties (right click on the application icon, then choose properties item in the popup menu).