Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Odd graphics glitch

I just encountered a very unusual and interesting graphics glitch while playing a CMBB game. I'm playing the game via email, as the Soviets. We're only a few turns into the game.

I spotted a couple of German units, and one was identified by the computer as an assault gun / tank destroyer - a Marder II. This is almost certainly a mistaken ID, and will no doubt be corrected later. But the odd thing about this is that the graphic I get with this identification has the gun pointing the wrong way.

In other words, the breech is sticking out the front of the vehicle, and the muzzle is inside the crew compartment. It traverses normally, even fires - I saw smoke billowing out of the crew compartment, which fooled me briefly into thinking that something had hit it. This makes the vehicle very peculiar looking, to say the least.

This glitch does not seem to be a problem with the game as a whole. I've created quick scenarios with the same vehicle in it, and they appear perfectly normal when the scenario loads. I don't know if this might be a corruption of the email game file, or some other unknown cause.

If anyone out there has any ideas or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

P.S. If anyone is interested, I can probably try to get a screen shot of the mutant tank destroyer. Let me know.

I can't remember all of the details, but I believe that this is a known bug (of sorts). It was mentioned in the past (here or the main forum of CMBB) and I don't think any patch came out to fix it. The threads mentioning this have probably been archived so it may not show up in a search of the current forum.

Figured out what it was. The actual vehicle was a flak track, with the gun pointing to the rear. So even though the the computer was mis-identifying the vehicle, it kept the rear gun orientation. And so we get an assault gun with a rear pointing cannon. Odd but understandable, in a way.