Theater of war Vista problem

Ok, here is the thing.

I instaled my DVD version Theater of War (with Battle of Moscow included) - Polish version.

The program asked me for the tow key. I typed right. Then when I tried to launch the game I get the "Runtime error #3(trap)" message and the game doesn't start. I uninstaled it and instalted it again. It didn't ask me for the kay again, but the bug still happens. I can only launch the Misson editor.

I have 32 bit Windows Vista Ultimate. It is a new notebook both it a week ago. I have:

- ATI Radeon Mobility X1700

- 2 Ghz of RAM

- 512 mb of video memory

- Intel core Duo 2 Ghz

I checked the drivers - all are the latest. I also launch the game as the system administrator.

Help!!!

Polish version of ToW does not support Vista officially ( see system requirements at http://www.cenega.pl/gra_opis.php?ID=3693 ), it means that the game may work on this operating system or may not work. So Run the game on Windows XP.

I think that in your case the problem is in mobility radeon drivers. Unfortunately, ATI does not support the drivers for mobility radeon directly and those that the manufacturer provide may not be up-to-date and work correctly with the game. Probably you should try to download the newer driver from your notebook manufactorer website or wait for some time till the updated driver for VISTA is issued.

Nevertheless, please, pack your log.lst and cppcrash directory if it exists (in Theatre of War's directory) into archive and send it to me (to gavd@1c.ru)

[ July 25, 2007, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: dmg ]