Game Hangs when idle post patch

Game Hangs post patch - twice now in the St Lo mission when I've walked away from the game for a short while 20-30 Mins, only to return to find the game has hung, had to CNTR_ALT_DEL to exit the program. I never had any issue pre-patch.

Any ideas, any thing I can try?

System

P5 - 3Ghz

1.5 Gbyte Ram

GF6800GS video card w/256MB Ram

Win XP Pro

Optical Mouse

Very clean system with only AVG anti-virus and ZoneAlarm running at the same time.

Did you adjust the game speed (I mean using the hotkey that speeds up the game) when the game hung?

Try to set lower video settings or not to use this button. Judging by your log, the game engine sometimes does not have enough time to work and hangs. To discontinue this hang you might try to press Adjust Game Speed hotkey (usually Backspace) once again or "Pause" hotkey (usually Spacebar). This should slow down the game speed and the game will go back to its normal work.

Did you adjust the game speed (I mean using the hotkey that speeds up the game) when the game hung?

No, I tried the space bar, unpaused, no response, next time I'll check for the on screen pause message, I don't know if I left the game in pause mode or not. The adjust speed button (backspace) wasn't used.

Try to set lower video settings or not to use this button. Judging by your log, the game engine sometimes does not have enough time to work and hangs. To discontinue this hang you might try to press Adjust Game Speed hotkey (usually Backspace) once again or "Pause" hotkey (usually Spacebar). This should slow down the game speed and the game will go back to its normal work.

I'm not sure I understand? The game plays fine with my current video settings, I don't use the Adjust Game Speed button (backspace) The game only hangs when left running for 20-30 min. with nothing going on. I try the backspace button next time it hangs.

Thanks

Originally posted by pad152:

No, I tried the space bar, unpaused, no response, next time I'll check for the on screen pause message, I don't know if I left the game in pause mode or not. The adjust speed button (backspace) wasn't used.

Just press Pause button and wait for some time till the game's hang stops.

The game only hangs when left running for 20-30 min. with nothing going on. I try the backspace button next time it hangs.

Does this hang always happen when you leave the game for 20..30 min alone? Does it happen when you play the same mission or independently of the mission?

When you press the backspace for the first time, it increases the speed of the game, when you press it again, it decreases its speed, and the third press rolls the time speed back to its normal state. So there is no need to press the backspace if it has not been pressed before. Use Pause hotkey (spacebar) to stop the hang instead.