Runtime error #3 when trying to launch game

Ok I have the DvD version I updated it with the new patch, changed the tow2 file to elicen40 and also clicked the option to run the program as administrator. Even after all these steps whenever I try to launch the game I get "Runtime error #3(trap) Please contact vendor of this application Here are my syst specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate (build 6000)2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 1792 Megabytes Installed Memory RADEON 9800 PRO (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Display adapter]

RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Display adapter]

I'm giving the main ones only so not to make this ridiculously long. I hope this is fixable now or at least soon if anyone has any ideas I'm all eyes/ears lol

The mission editor works fine ( I don't know how to use it but it works fine lol) and the Towsetup.exe works as it opens and allows me to customize the graphics and multiplayer. I'm fairly certain I have registered my copy but I don't know how to check it.

Originally posted by Teebs:

Ok I have the DvD version I updated it with the new patch, changed the tow2 file to elicen40 and also clicked the option to run the program as administrator. Even after all these steps whenever I try to launch the game I get "Runtime error #3(trap) Please contact vendor of this application Here are my syst specs:

Windows Vista Ultimate (build 6000)2.67 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 1792 Megabytes Installed Memory RADEON 9800 PRO (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Display adapter]

RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) [Display adapter]

I'm giving the main ones only so not to make this ridiculously long. I hope this is fixable now or at least soon if anyone has any ideas I'm all eyes/ears lol

your card is capable of running the game just turn your water settings to low you should be ok. Since I have done this I havent had a runtime error 3 trap at all.