game won't start after patch

I've been running the game from the download until the patch.

I uninstalled the game, cleaned things out with ccleaner and jv16 powertools, turned off my antivirus and installed the game from the disk, started it up and entered my license number and then installed the patch.

The game doesn't start. I've tried all of the fixes in your faq and troubleshooting guide, including doing another install. It doesn't start when I click on tow or tow 1.4 in the game file.

I have an Opteron 185.

Originally posted by Mongo:

I've been running the game from the download until the patch.

I uninstalled the game, cleaned things out with ccleaner and jv16 powertools, turned off my antivirus and installed the game from the disk, started it up and entered my license number and then installed the patch.

The game doesn't start. I've tried all of the fixes in your faq and troubleshooting guide, including doing another install. It doesn't start when I click on tow or tow 1.4 in the game file.

I have an Opteron 185.

Did you run the TOW setup before launch?

The game runs fine from the dvd install, before I install the patch. I can run TOWsetup before the patch. But after the patch, nothing runs, including the TOWsetup, even after trying all the fixes in the faq for when the game won't start.

Same problem here - neither exe will launch after putting the patch on. I uninstalled the game and completely deleted anythign remaining in the folder. I then reinstalled from the DVD launched it once (and it worked). Once the patch is on the two main game exe appear to do nothing. ToWsetup.exe gives me two errors:

This application has failed to start because elicen40.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem (it didn't).

and

Dll library rts.dll cannot be loaded (it's in the game folder).

If it's needed, where do I send the output from dxdiag?

Have fun

Finn

If it's significant I just searched my hard drives for elicen40.dll and it's not there. I'm off out now, but when I get back I'll check to see if it exists after installing the game but before applying the patch.

Have fun

Finn

Here is the fix:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have discovered an issue for people that installed the game from DVD and then applied the patch.

Those people are missing a single file that will keep the patched version of Theatre of War from properly launching.

To fix this issue, simply rename the file called tow2.dll (located in the Theatre of War game directory) to elicen40.dll

That should do it!

Madmatt

[ June 26, 2007, 11:54 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]