Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

download problems - can you help?

I've downloaded the demo (all 31MB of it) with a download manager (GetRight4.5) but when I try to open it I receive a message from PKSFX for Windows saying No CE signature found. Any ideas what PKSFX is? If I try to run it from the desktop it says is not a valid Win32 application. Does anyone know what can I do to run the game without having to spend another 3 hours downloading it?

Any help will be appreciated

many thanks

I'm not aware of any particular problems with download managers, but I rarely use them myself. For large files and/or dialup connections they seem to be a necessity.

If there is an option to build the file out of multiple downloads (multiple log ons to an FTP server), I'd suggest not going that route (though I don't think that GetRight offers this feature).

I show the Gold Demo (PC) 1.02 to be 32,260,523 bytes in size. This may vary a bit depending on your file system ('size' compared to 'size on disk'). You can also try downloading the file directly from the Battlefront FTP site (cmdemo102.exe):

CM Demo 1.02.

[ March 18, 2002, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]