An annoying bug ....

i am currently creating a new mission but each time i test the triggers ingame , at the start of the mission for the first quest, the sound " you've got a new order" goes on and on and on and on .... it stops only when i win the quest .... for the second quest , there is no such problem ... i checked my code , and found nothing , the triggers are the simplest ever

trigger Init :

</font><blockquote>code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> ChangeFogOfWar ( "disable" )

Calltrigger ( "Camera" )

Runtrigger ( "Submission1" )

Halt</pre>

1. You should call HALT to stop the trigger. Otherwise it will run in the loop infinitely (it will start execution from the beginning when it reaches the end). Look at the Submission1, you call the HALT only inside the IF statement.

2. I advise you to call DELAY procedure from time to time. DELAY procedure returns the execution to the game and pauses the trigger for some time (if not to do this, the game engine will take away the execution forcibly, but the trigger may become time consuming and affect the game FPS).

ok thanks for the halt statement tip , didn't know that we could call halt more than once in the same trigger...

as for the delay , yes i just realised , that it has its importance even if its 100 millisecs...

thanks for the heads up and hope you are working on a real manual for the editor on next patch .... its too bad that the current tutorial is so succint , i'm wasting lots of time analysing other designers triggers for functions that are not expalined in it.