Mission Editor

K, I like the game thus far and take back the bad things I said about it earlier : ) BUT, I really want to create custom scenarios. I tried a simple one, and was able to get one Sherman and one Tiger on a map (intentional mis-match to gauge realism). Well I can man my Sherman, but not the Tiger. I mean, I can only be German or American. How can I make it so I am battling against an AI enemy. I am trying to follow the tutorial, but apparently I am missing something. Anyone here done this yet? Any info is apprecitated.

Firstly, you have to separate units into (at least) two different armies. Then there is a "diplomacy" dialogue which has to be set so that the opposing army is the enemy. You probably also have to specify player and AI, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Originally posted by SlapHappy:

Firstly, you have to separate units into (at least) two different armies. Then there is a "diplomacy" dialogue which has to be set so that the opposing army is the enemy. You probably also have to specify player and AI, but I haven't looked into that yet.

Yeah, that is the part I'm having issues with. I might have to look at the tutorial more thoroughly. Thanks Slap.

PlayerArmyIndex is used to point to a players' army. Other armies in SP mode will belong to AI. In your own mission you have to control these AI units by mission triggers to support a tactical AI. Look at the original missions to get some examples of its implementation there.