Return to Desktop

Hi

I am façing my first main issue with ToW.

After editing a mission I launch it to check if the troup' set up was correct, just after the set up phase is completed and the message of available Art is send the game close without warning and comes back to windows desktop display :(

My PC is as follow:

Mobo: AsRock 939A8X-M

CPU: AMD Ath64 2x 4400

MEM: 1Gb DDR MEM Single Channel

Vid : Sappphire Radeon X800GTO 256Mb

The Mission "weight" is:

Army 1: 2 SPG, 9 Arm Car, 3 Car, 3 ATG, 2HMG,

4 Inf Det, 2 Art Support

Army2: 8 Tank, 1 HMG, 12 Inf Det, 2 Art support

Only two triggers, one for the setup and one for Art enable.

Memory size limitation? Bug ?

Thanks for tech support

As far as I understand, you've created a new mission (or edited an existing one), tried to run it and it failed, haven't you?

First of all, check the number of units you have added to the mission. The number of free (not belonging to crew) and unsleeping (active) units must not exceed 255.

Hi dmg

Your understanding is correct. I first create a new mission and it CTD; I used an official mission replacing units and map and it CTD.

This mission is (from Statistic Classification) 350 weight. I will reduce the Nb of Unit and "asleep" some more (I am still too much C.M minded smile.gif ).

By the way RAM size can't help? :D

Thanks for your post

I think 1Gb must be quite enough. The RAM size won't help, "255" is pathfinding limitation.

Try to reduce the number of units, and if it doesn't help try to reduce the number of unit types.

When you create a new mission, do not forget to choose the map for it.

If you edit triggers from time to time press toolbar button "save mission and compile triggers" to make sure your script is correct.