removing elicense from my computer

I have decided to uninstall TOW for now temporarily and I also wanted to see if the licensing software will be removed. Well it wasn't, i was hoping that TOW uninstall process would take care of that. I have red the elicense FAQ (ok at least part of it) and downloaded "uninst_eLic.exe" software. I have run the software and I was told eLicense was removed from my computer. I have then rebooted my machine and check the services in the control panel and ...it's still the the service called "LicCtrl Serive" is there...even though it's disabled it's still there. After what I have experienced with starforce I'm bit sensitive with the modern way of copy protecting software. So...my question what else do I need to do to completely remove the serice from my computer.

We are checking with the makers of eLicense to get the full process for you.

I know that running that uninstaller removes all of its components but I need to check to see whats required to get the service entry removed as well.

Madmatt

Hi Madmatt,

I have removed the service from the registry and rebooted my machine...but I'm hoping that there isn't some stuff hidden somewhere on my machine still. Their uninstall utility doesn't remove the elicense service - not quite sure what it does...