Customer Support Lacking

I pre ordered Theater of War a few weeks ago after I received a battlefront email I figured I better jump on it and save a few bucks since I was interested in the game. Well today I finally woke up and said hey I never got any email saying the game is out. So I look again on the battlefromt web site and I see the game can be downloaded.

I then had to do a search on this forum for some info on the preorders and found a message that stated not everyone got the email with a download link.

Now I have paid and played, every Combat mission game and I dont remember this company being such a bunk af unconcernered idiots before.

I am mad that maybe someone with a brain should have sent ANOTHER ROUND OF NOTIFICATIONS OUT . Also someone should post this information at the TOP OF ONE OF THE FORUMS so the other infortunate people like myself dont have to search to find out what the heck is going on with you guys at battlefront.

This may be my last purchase, given all the current games that never materialized and now this. It just puts a bad taste in your mouth after all these years. I expected a little more from a company I supported.

GB

Downloading it now, I hope it works.

This was the massage i got from Battlefront, they seemed annoyed with me like I said something wrong to ruffle their feathers.But still they refuse to post the information for all to see instead if having to email them for an answer. They said; "were afraid of resending it, might confuse people that had already gotten it".

Hey just say that in the email so you dont confuse anyone; admit something went wrong and are resending the email. Some poor slob like me is still awaiting your announcement email. Seems like you believe all battlefront users are stupid.

DEE DEE DEE for all you Mind if Mancia fans.

Battlefronts full email response

We did send the email announcement last week (and the same info would have been in your original email confirmation when you ordered) but then later on discovered that not everyone got the email. We are still trying to determine why our mass-emailer didn't work when we thought it did. Unfortunately, we have no way to to know who did get the email (as many did) and who didn't and were afraid of resending it, might confuse people that had already gotten it. You didn't have to dig through the forum to get this info though, all you had to do was email us and, just like you did now, it would get taken care of.

GB

woodenspoke, sorry that you feel this way, but with emails being this unreliable these days due to spam filters on several levels, response challenges, CAPTCHA and what not, there is simply no guarantee that an email will reach the receipient. This is already true when you only send a handful of emails, but with thousands of emails going on, SPAMCOP and other tools are more and more likely to kick in. Which is what probably happened, i.e. the sending email was temporarily blacklisted, killing off a whole bunch of emails. If we had resent the email, there is no guarantee that it would have arrived either, so we decided against it, figuring that anybody who didn't receive it would check the website (e.g. the announcement made on the front and news pages), the forum, the blog or news RSS feed, or even some of the gaming sites which posted the news. If you think this is a lack of support, even though your email request was answered within minutes, then there is nothing else I can say.

Martin

You have every right to your opinion, but this is a Technical Support Forum, and your message is not of a technical nature, so I am locking this up.

I will say that I was not in the least bit annoyed by your email to us, although I was disapointed that you thought our customer support lacking (and I certainly don't agree with that opinion).

There is an Announcement Message at the top of the main game forum already indicating that the game was released, but I will edit it to include information pertaining to Pre-Order customers as that makes perfect sense.

General Disarray, with YOU am I growing more intolerant however. Your purchase of this game does not grant you some sort of exclusion to our forum rules pertaining to conduct, so if you want to continue to insult people, then your time on these forums will be short indeed.

Madmatt

[ April 27, 2007, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]