Game shuts computer down

I downloaded the game and struggled through the confirmation process eventually figuring out how to get there through the lock-ups. Over the course of the weekend I played around with the training missions and such, with the occasional lock-up requiring crtl-alt-del.

Last night I decided to try a single mission, the Polish one (Command Decision?), and after 5-10 minutes it would crash my computer shutting it down completely. When I tried to restart it would post, I could go into bios or wait as Windows counted down, but if I tried to boot into Windows it would shut right off and it would take several minutes of waiting and attempts before finally booting back up. This happened three times, once just sitting with game paused, and the others while attempting to play out the mission. The game was running very smooth, high FPS, and then would just shut down.

The computer was built back around December with an AMD 4800+ Dual Core, ATI X1950XT, 2 GB Ram, SB X-FI. The only other game I run for the most part is Il-2 and it runs flawlessly.

Any help would be appreciated.

I thought that also, but find it very strange that it has only happened 3 times ever and it was playing this game. And I might add that playing the training missions and tooling around the programfor hours it never happened.

Anything is possible and it would be unfortunate as everything is only 4-5 months old.