Loads ok,but won't run

I have been waiting for this sim and I finally have it,but it won't run.My system is a 2.8 Ghz with 1 GB RAM,ATI 9800 pro,and a Turtle beach Santa Cruz audio card.

The game seems to want to run at 1024x768 at 60hz,but when set to that res all I get is a small window of the game running in the left hand upper corner of the monitor.

To get a full screen I have to run at 1100x 852 at 100hz.

However here id the real problem.I have only tried to run the training and I get to the point where the traing mode bar is loading,but as soon as it gets to the end the bar is full but nothing happens at all and the hard drive light just flickers and I can't get out of the game.When I do boot back up I get a message that i'm having a problem with my ATI 9800 video card..

I have this version of drivers for the card..

First That problem with running at 1024x768x60 needs to be fixed as that is the resolution of my desktop except I run at 32 bit not 16. I have tried going into the video portion of the user info and setting the resolution to 1024x768x85,but that didn't help.It seems to run everything fine except the actual game portion.

I did see this runs in OpenGL and nothing else I have runs in that.

I know I probably need to update my video drivers,but is there anything else I should try first?

I really want to run this and after buying Silent Hunter 4,this is the second sim I've gotten in the past few weeks that runs badly.

Let me know what I should do next. Thanks!

Ok so far I've heard that you need at least a 9600 as a minumum.I have a ATI 9800 PRO and I'm using these drivers 6.14.10.6343. Could someone whose using a 9800 Pro please let me know:First can you get the game to run,and second IF your using a 9800 PRO ,What drivers are you using?

Right now theres no way I can afford a new computer,and everything else I have runs pretty well.

So can a 2.8Ghz with 1GB of RAM and a ATI 9800 Video card with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz sound card run Theater of War?

If you did update your drivers,did you clear out all the old drivers or install over the top of your old ones?

Also did you upload the whole suite or just the display drivers? Thanks and hope I can get this running.

I have a ATI 9800 PRO with the lasted driver suite installed, it just came out I think on 4/17/07. I did not delete the old drivers when I installed the new one. I have 2GB of RAM and a 2.8Ghz processeor. I can not launch the game but can launch the map editor. From all the information I have seen on these boards an ATI 9600 or better should work, so I don't know what the problem is. They are supposedly looking into it because others are having the same problem of being able to launch the map editor but not the game. Not sure if all those people are using ATI cards though.

Sammy

I'm also having the same problem and I have

a ATI 9600...updated driver, changed DEP

chose loww settings, no shadows,

the game does not go past the hourglass and icon

I don't even get a black screen....

I tried to download demo without antivirus/firewall

and the demo does not load no EAX turned off

high details in the sky and on the land...I'm ranting I downloaded directx 9.0C....

turned off all running programs to start demo.

I played Ubisoft Faces of War on this computer which requires minimum settings like ToW recommending higher end Ram and CPU...The game played but crashed very often however...

I promised myself to buy a higher end machine

I think Wolfseven is right on the money about his

statement up here in the forum

hang tight

zuPPy