x1600 pro 256mb

Now this should run the game very smoothly but I think there something wrong with the drivers.

Game runs really smooth then when I get more reinforcements it slows way down.

What ya'll think drivers or machine graphics gpu or CPU?

ATI is 7.3 drvr.

Creative SB audigy se 24 bit 5.1 ss

I turned off the EAS and that helped out alot

but it still gets slow and jerky when a lot of equipment is on the field. I also turned off dead soldiers.My sig is my rig all latest updates XP sp2 up to date, VIA chip set latest up to date.

This is the strange thing...I have a Crossfire setup on my desktop system with 2 X1950 Pros, C2Duo E6600 and 4 GB Ram on Vista and the game is a total sideshow.

Yet on my CoreDuo Laptop with a X1300 and 1 GB Ram on Windows XP, it runs fine...a bit sluggish but it runs 100% then the hotrod desktop system...WTF

wolfseven, your motherboard same as mine, unfortunately its a 754 socket board. the highest amd which will fit is the 3700+ rated at 2.4ghz.

been trying to source one, ebay got a couple of used ones but priced at £100 or so, and then you would have to overclock it to get near 3ghz. cant believe we are bottlenecked though between the cpu and graphics card!!

Originally posted by grandad:

wolfseven, your motherboard same as mine, unfortunately its a 754 socket board. the highest amd which will fit is the 3700+ rated at 2.4ghz.

been trying to source one, ebay got a couple of used ones but priced at £100 or so, and then you would have to overclock it to get near 3ghz. cant believe we are bottlenecked though between the cpu and graphics card!!

Yes I'm seeing the same problem a bottle neck at the CPU, Oh well just another excuse to go AMD +6000 AM2 Dual cor with the new ram PC6400 4gb and dual pci e ati x1600 xt 256 mb ram cards. :D

Originally posted by ScottD:

This is the strange thing...I have a Crossfire setup on my desktop system with 2 X1950 Pros, C2Duo E6600 and 4 GB Ram on Vista and the game is a total sideshow.

Yet on my CoreDuo Laptop with a X1300 and 1 GB Ram on Windows XP, it runs fine...a bit sluggish but it runs 100% then the hotrod desktop system...WTF

Try disabling SLI mode and set it to use only one video card. I am not sure how specifically to do that but I believe there is a setting in the video driver control panel. I have heard from at least one other person that had SLI configured that by using just a single card, their performance went back up to what it should be.

Madmatt

I don't know if this applies or not, but I'll toss it out and somebody can shoot it down.

Everyone says this game is based on IL2 engine and in that game for SLI to work properly and give a FPS boost you must run Split Frame and not Alternating Frame on your SLI.

While SF is not as good as AF, IL2 was designed for SF. I you run AF in IL2 you get less FPS then a single card. Sounds pretty similar to what is being described here.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by ScottD:

Try disabling SLI mode and set it to use only one video card. I am not sure how specifically to do that but I believe there is a setting in the video driver control panel. I have heard from at least one other person that had SLI configured that by using just a single card, their performance went back up to what it should be.

Madmatt </font>