elicense blows!

Now I'm pissed...I've tried everything suggested to get this stupid license installed all to no avail. I can't even generate an off-line code. The stupid elicense website keeps telling me:

Error Occured:

Order ID or License Number was not found.

Please check the Order ID or License Number and re-create the request.

What the hell!?!?! I'm following your directions to the letter. This unacceptable.

I have elicense working on this issue this very moment. It appears to only have affected the codes for people that ordered the Download and Mail Delivery version. It looks like some sort of database corruption but the eLicense support team is on the case.

I have the email addresses for all customers that ordered this version and the moment it's fixed I will email you directly!

Madmatt

Hi, long time lurker here but I now have the game and had experienced same problem so thought it best to pass this on.

Madmatt says it's a problem with all those who ordered both D/L and mail version. Well I went for that option as well. And the other night (around 2 AM !) I finally managed to get the license accepted.

Jarhead, I feel your pain.When I loaded the game ( after the demo running without problem ) I was faced with the already documented *game won't start*. Adding runservice.exe to my Data Execution Prevention tab sorted that.

I then got the e-licence box up. It didn't accept my code and I eventually tried the "activate off line" option. Again this didn't work for me, but thats because of operator area, as I later found out. ;)

When following the instructions about "copy the entire code". I had been first cut and pasting just the numbers below the dashed line, then had included the serial number bit. I was then getting the red warning text, as have you.

Error Occured:

Order ID or License Number was not found.

Please check the Order ID or License Number and re-create the request.

Out of desperation I finally tried copying the entire information box, and dumped the whole lot into the box. Then went back to the instructions and followed them to the letter... and it worked!

It's been two days now and I'm sorry I can't remember exactly what sequence I went through once I'd copied the text. If you think your problem maybe the same as mine am happy to install the game onto another computer to get the e-licence setup on again which should jog my memory.

Hope this helps.

The problem has been fixed, so everyone with this problem is able to license now.

Every protection scheme blows if it causes problems. This is the first time we encountered this kind of problem with eLicense and hopefully the last time, too.

Martin