CMAK Out of Sync Range on Startup?

kjr39

I just installed the CMAK demo and on startup, the screen will go black and my monitor will say "Out of Sync Range".

If I alt-tab, I am able to get that monitor back, but other than that, this happens every time I load AK.

I looked for the config file, but couldn't find it. Anyone have any suggestions for a work around?

Thanks,

kjr39

A Prefs will not be written out until you properly exit the game via the 'Exit' button or Alt-Q.

What you're seeing, I believe, is CMAK selecting a resolution. It's probably started at your current desktop resolution, but at a much higher refresh rate (120Hz maybe) and that is out of range of your monitor. If you wait awhile (up to a minute possibly) CMAK should be trying successively lower refresh rates at that resolution (if you don't hit any keys) and may finally reach your current desktop refresh rate which should display a box with the current resolution and refresh rate. At that point you can either hit the Enter key or click 'OK' to accept that as the resolution for CMAK to run at.