Does Voodoo2/Mac actually work?

I've been messing around trying to get my Voodoo 2 card to to work with the CM demo, with no luck. My Rage pro card works okay at high resolution, but the textures render with much less detail than the screen shots I've seen. I can see the white star on the 'weathered sherman' texture is visible but looks fuzzy when I zoom in.

System:

Platinum G3/266 (rev B) 160MB

ATI Xclaim 3d (Rage Pro) 8MB

Diamond Monster 2 Voodoo2 16MB?

Voodoo 2 b5 drivers

17" monitor (normally at 1024x768/millions)

Questions:

Should this work with Combat Mission?

Should this work with the CM demo?

Do you actually have a similar configuration working?

Any tips on what to try to make mine work?

I don't have a Voodoo2 card, but I'm pretty sure it won't work. Combat Mission is a RAVE only game, it doesn't do glide. Voodoo2 RAVE support is poor at best, and I doubt it handles everything that CM needs. Do the Voodoo2 beta drivers even have RAVE support at all?

As for the fuzziness under the Rage Pro, I think that's just a lack of texture memory (is that your onboard video? I think that only goes up to 6 MB....)

Ben

Thanks for the responses so far.

My ATI Rage Pro card is a boxed add-on, topped up to 8MB RAM, not the built-in video which maxes out at 6MB. I wouldn't doubt that this is the cause of the low-res textures; I've read that a 16MB 3d card is recommended.

That's why I'd love to get my 3dfx card working with combat mission. It does wonders for Unreal Tournament and the Rune demo.

The Voodoo 2 b5 drivers (the last version of 3dfx's 'Reference Drivers' produced) include the following extensions:

3dfx GlideLib2.x

3Dfx GlideLib3.x

3dfx OpenGL Renderer

3dfx Rave

I'm sure that the drivers' capabilities differ from the PC version.

I'm still looking for the definitive answer to the question 'Does Voodoo2/Mac work with Combat Mission?'