Graphic Nightmare with Prophet 4000xt PCI

I am hoping that someone on the forum can help me with some specific info to correct some probs I am having with CMBB.

Basically, as a CMBO fan I was really trilled when I finally got to purchase a copy of CMBB. I had even gone to the trouble of buying a new video card specifically to run the game!

The card is a Prophet 4000XT pci, it runs a Kyron chip (?). Anyway it appears that living in the outback of Aussie 'new' equates to a video card being out for over two years already.

The graphics are shot to hell, I am having serious problems with 'layering'. Essentially all smoke/gun/flame graphics are brought to the 'front' of the screen, making the game unplayable in some of the closed in city combat situations where there is a lot of smoke/flame/gunfire.

I have D/L the latest Hercules driver but still no luck... has anyone else encountered this prob? and if so, how did you solve it?

Would be most greatful for any assitance.

:(

Hate to say it mate, but you need a new card. For starters, even the best card in a pci slot will run like a dog with cmbb. You really need to upgrade to an agp card of some sorts like an Nvidia Geforce 3 or later. That's providing you've got a agp slot??

Secondly, the Kyro chipset is a no-no as far as CM** goes. You'll get all the layering and texture problems you mentioned no matter what driver you use.

[ May 10, 2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: phil stanbridge ]

You may want to check the updated Troubleshooting Guide for CMBB as I cover some possible fixes for the layering and text corruption problems.

Still, the Kyro chipset is not a very good choice for games and you would be better served with a newer card.

Madmatt

smile.gif Thanks Matt. I checked the troubleshooting guide and followed the instructions on changing my video cards settings. The graphic corruption has been sorted with a slight loss of perfromance as the guide stated but at least, at last I can play CMBB!

Will take ur advice and get myself a new-new card in the near future. The only reason I bought a video card for this pc in the first place was to run CMBB.

Thanks again.

[ May 22, 2003, 07:40 AM: Message edited by: clicheman ]