IF YOU LIKE THEN BACK IT!!!

SS_KONIG

In my opinion its important to let other potential players of this game know just how good it is! :rolleyes:

I only very recently purchased my copy (days not weeks ago) due to the very mediocre reviews the game received soon after launch, for example PC Zone UK gave it 71%, PC Format 60% and 1UP a measly 40%. :mad:

I feel that the game deserves far better scores than the critics dished out and can't help but feel that if it was reviewed again now with the Moscow patch installed it would fair much much better. :rolleyes:

Fortunately there is something we can do AND THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT!

There are a number of PC game review sites on the web that compile reviews from respected critics and publications but ALSO US PUNTERS!!! :D

From my experience its our reviews that rely matter rather than some guy who is paid to play and review a game over a weekend, but who would much rather be playing HALO instead, you know what i mean! ;)

http://www.metacritic.com

The above review site is my personal favourite and i have just posted my review of Theatre Of War there for everyone to see, i might also add that my review is the only one that has been made by a punter, fortunately for TOW that has ensured a great score of 100%! ;)

The link below should take you directly to the TOW page.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/theatreofwar

If you feel like i do and want to help the TOW community grow, possibly leading to a TOW2 being developed amongst other things, then add your voice to the list and lets get behind this superb and realistic evolution of the WW2 RTS that TOW is!!!!

Cheers MWALL (SS_KONIG) smile.gif

No Goliath's Big Brother you don't have to be from the US, you just have to give them your email address etc.

I'm from the UK anyhow.

If you are going to review any game on Metacritic remember that usually your review will be posted after 24hrs giving them time to edit and also check the content of your review for obvious reasons!

Cheers SS_KONIG

I like the game, but in all honesty as it stands it's not a 10/10. 40% is too harsh, but I think the scores in the mid/high 70s and 80s are in the right ball park. Now, if just a few of the key things that Sneaksie says'll happen happens then, yes I think we're looking at a 10/10 - a rare thing these days.

Have fun

Finn

I agree with FinnN,

I love this game as I have stated in many of my forum remarks.This is truely one of the first games that has a tactical value instead of luck and quick clicking fingers.

They do need to patch it for Multiplayer and a few fixes and for that reason it would keep it out of a 10/10 bracket.I for one will as soon as the patch comes out rate it on that site you have linked to in your message SS_Konig ,that you can be sure of.

I have backed this game from the start even with its lackluster beginnings and still say it is great today. 1C will come thru with their patch and Battlefront will have my backing on here and across the Net.

[ October 03, 2007, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Jmayer ]

Originally posted by SS_KONIG:

No Goliath's Big Brother you don't have to be from the US, you just have to give them your email address etc.

Cheers SS_KONIG

I think you missed the winking smiley. It was an attempt at humor. smile.gif

I love the game and hope it does get better reviews as it has so much potential.

Anyway, back to the Russian Front.

Your right FinnN, i read your responce and gave it some consideration, in reality TOW deserves 8 or 9 out of ten because as you correctly state its not perfect & needs polishing.

However i felt that we really needed some balence in regards of the scoring, i think TOW came out at an average of 69% score from official sources on Metacritic so i opted to climb on board the other side of the scales with a 10/10.

Unfortunetly the users score table is in increments of 10% (1-10) unlike the official critics increments of 1% (1-100) which somtimes makes it difficult to apply an accurate score rating for us user's.

After weighing up the support already given to TOW users and the planned new addon promising to improve the game in all the ways users disire i opted for a 10 rather than a 9.

Cheers SS_KONIG

The demo is actually not the best to show off TOW.

The defence scenario from the tutorial has put of more than one prospecting customer, be sure.

"Seelow heights" ran abysmal on my and two other machines of friends.

So of us three, one mate bought it. He went through the German campaign and since then it catches dust, not interested in the editor or other campaigns.

The other lost interest from the demo gameplay. I was on the fence.

I am quite sure to pick up this title soon though, like to play with the editor and try a few own ideas but there are some things in gameplay that I don't care much for. I accept however I can't get everything I like in life.

Anyhow, it's good to hear there is more content coming and Sneaksies presence here is also a good thing.

The new editor that's been mentioned will make it a lot easier to make basic scenarios - and I think that will do a lot for the game's replayability and popularity. The demo has numerous problems that have been gone over several times here - a new demo is really needed and I hope they come up with one when the patches and/or add-on are out.

Have fun

Finn