Multiplayer

Friedric

Ok i saw its only LAN and IP conection for now (((

I hope the devs wil change that so we can go to a lobby to meet up with each other

It would be more fun and wil exspand the game interest

so any one here now where you guys meet up for Ip adreses

+

can we chat when in multiplay ?

thx

Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Not only that, you can assign computer allies to you or your friend and have them help you to fight an alliance of 4 hostile AIs, for example

That's excellent news! smile.gif

Is this feature to be in the next patch?

Originally posted by DTT:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sneaksie:

Not only that, you can assign computer allies to you or your friend and have them help you to fight an alliance of 4 hostile AIs, for example

That's excellent news! smile.gif

Is this feature to be in the next patch? </font>

MP now work depending on MP mission design. There is, for example, mission for 4 players, 2 attacking and 2 defending. You choose your army from the list of available armies for this mission (i.e. 4xM4A1, 2 inf squads, Staghound) and thus became an attacker. You can choose another army (i.e. 2xPak40, 3 inf squads, something else) and thus became a defender placed in entrenched position. There are typically not less than 6-8 armies possible for each mission, more can be added in editor (up to 20). You can play with 3 your friends (one will be with you and you will attack 2 others or defend from them) or assign 1-3 AIs for this task and set their armies in the same way.

In this example armies are defined as defensive and offensive and have their positions assigned by that, but in another mission spawn points may be chosen randomly for each army.

Apparently, as in all other games, for 8 players game host PC must be one with the most powerful processor and reducing graphical settings on it is recommended. Most important thing for client PCs is the connection speed between them and host.

I still swing by to lurk on the ToW forum. I haven't been playing the game, but look forward to being able to play it multiplayer mode. This could turn into a very popular game with a few fixes -- ease in multiplayer mode -- and infantry being able to enter buildings.

Anyway, keep up the good work Sneaksie, and thanks for keeping us all up to date on the continued work being conducted on ToW.