Help! We can connect in MP! Help...

T-34/85

Please, check the following:

1. Both your firewall and the firewall of your friend must allow the ToW's udp traffic. Open towsetup tool and make sure all the server public and private udp-ports and the client udp port chosen are enabled in your firewall and the firewall of your friend.

2. If you play the Internet game, the player's computer, that creates the game server, must have an external IP address (that never starts with 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x, 128.x.x.x and 172.16.x.x - 172.31.x.x). Open towsetup tool, select Multiplayer tab and expand the IP address combo box. If you see any item in the list not starting with the prefixes written above and not being 'localhost', then you may create Internet game server, othewise you may connect to an existing one or play LAN games.

3. Also read Multiplayer Configuration Readme file and try the hints written there.

If nothing helps, describe in full detail, how you tried to connect. Did you try to connect using the Internet menu or using LAN? Was your friend in the same LAN or in the Internet?

[ July 15, 2007, 09:03 PM: Message edited by: dmg ]

We have got probs...nothing working...all same

And yes we tryend both in internet and nothing...We just put all in ToWsetup and we tryend all ips and we put all same in is and my comp and nothing...I connected one time my game in lan but I never playend...I just tryend connect and did it and was so easy just get IP and ready to roll...But now Im doing nothing...Continue your help pls

Wen my friend goes to ToWsetup he put is PUBLIC IP in towsetup...then he press ok..and enters the game and...etc..wen he gets to creat a server it says IP or PORT are wrong They are unknowed...LOOOL this game is getting me crazy! Need really really help here! ssry my english

You have the best results if you leave the MP settings on their defaults.

That means leave HOST IP as "localhost" and the Server Public Port at "22345".

Set Private Ports to use range and set the range at 22400 Minimum and 22500 Maximum.

Uncheck "Use Smooth Unit Movement".

Set Clint port to be 2334.

Make sure everyone has the SAME speed setting.

Now, whoever is hosting (if on the internet) needs to go to a website like "www.whatismyip.com" to get their IP address.

For those trying to connect, typin the ip like this xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx:22345

They have to include the colon and the port number like that.

See if that works for you.

Madmatt

BFC & 1C please make this the focus of your attention for future development. Good SP play is all well & good but good MP or lack of will either make or break this title, be sure! I don't think any of the suggestions below are ground breaking, would make a big difference to the game though....

Realistically speaking this shouldn't be so hard to do, all that is needed are a few things:-

1st would be a reliable way for players to find & join games. With the current methods this might be best served by a BFC/IC sponsored lobby for registered players allowing ppl to host games, allow ppl to apply to join, be accepted or rejected, & when the game is full publish the server ip to all players, who then connect. (Which could bevalidated as usable by the lobby, e.g. "11:17:13 Theatre of War murattt 192.168.2.2 English" seem to have been on the BFC MP lobby for ages & you aint gonna be able to be connected to this game ever! Servers behind routers should not be allowed to start MP games within the lobby unless usable. I regularly check this lobby & I've yet to find a usable game posted.

2nd IMO is I would like to see new game type in the future; DM, Objective, & Conquest games. DM would be the current free for all that we have now. The other modes IMO should be team based where each team is the same country (Maybe with exception of UK/US.), this could either be Axis/Ally based, or any combination just for fun. Objective based MP (Capture Bridge, Destroy Unit, Hold Point etc etc) should be able to be coded via the mission editor so that there a a multitude of communtity made missions to choose from. Conquest IMO ideally would be based on the Sudden Strike MP style of capture areas/flags to recieve reinforcements with which to wipe the opposing team from the map.

3rd is that client should be able to download mission from server if they don't already have a copy of the mission.