A Skirmish Mode?

Lone Commissar

Would it be possible in an expansion or patch or something to implement a Skirmish mode increasing replayability by a huge amount. Afterall the points systen is already there to chose your forces you can choose from the maps already there all we need is for the AI to be able to choose its own units. So is this possible?

Yes I'm almost certain that this would work well using RND() to generate from a selection of forces. It would probably only work via the ReinforcementLand() command though, which I've yet to test MP.

Youcould for example code 5 sets of different forces & then have a 20% chance of having each force assigned to you.

the ai may be scripted but that does not mean you cannot randomise the units that trigger ai.

The other thing you could do is randomise the missions on the map. So you program the map for 10 different AI tactics, randomise the tactics and then randomise the vehicles within those maps. Valla many different possible battles.

Also the AI will make decisions in battle to make things even more different.... the AI I believe is still supposed to react to you and fight you, counterattack etc on its own once its been triggered.

For instance the AI may start a battle with a small group scouting, they spot your forces and then the AI takes over and does what it likes. I'm sure it may even call its buddies in the rear to come up and take part