More vehicles on the way (from 1C Russian site)

FinnN

I see there's a new dev diary entry on the Russian site, here it is translated from Russian courtesy of Google:

http://ww2.games.1c.ru/?action=devdiary&id=154 (edit translation didn't work in the link, so changed it to the original address)

Nice to see lighter vehicles getting some love for a change from a game developer rather than the Sturmtiger, etc. These are for after the patch - I wonder if they'll be for an add-on or a future patch?

There's also some interesting snippets about the patch version - if the translation is trustable there's mention of fatigue in there for example...

Interesting reading all-round - but how come we don't get an English version, as they seem to get information on things coming from this side?

Have fun

Finn

I think the long list of changes is what 1C has done to ToW russian 1st edition to the now available second edition. This is what we play already. (increased playable area, close combat without animations, mortars as off-map artilery support etc.) These are things which were missing in the first russian tow release.

So only this is for us interesting:

Left for later :

taking and use of buildings

digging

Management art-ognem?

Lend Lease

Tactical Map!

mortars, as units on the battlefield

no mention of an improoved multiplayer mode :(

what please me is

The new campaign is "The Battle of Moscow".The campaign is designed to veterans of the game.If you are a newcomer, the first walk several other campaigns, before attempting to pass it.
and of course that the devs are working on new vehicles smile.gif

Originally posted by Markus86:

I think the long list of changes is what 1C has done to ToW russian 1st edition to the now available second edition. This is what we play already. (increased playable area, close combat without animations, mortars as off-map artilery support etc.) These are things which were missing in the first russian tow release.

So only this is for us interesting:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Left for later :

taking and use of buildings

digging

Management art-ognem?

Lend Lease

Tactical Map!

mortars, as units on the battlefield

no mention of an improoved multiplayer mode :( </font>

it takes several hours to dig even a basic foxhole, in favourable conditions. In hard or frozen ground, under fire - no chance. A scrape is the best you would get and thats debatable.

Now I am not bothered either way about building entry, unless you want to do a Stalingrad or Berlin type battle, but I would just like to mention that combat doctrine was for combat infantry NOT to enter buildings (villages etc) for many reasons. Obviously in a town / city though... smile.gif