Capturing The Enemy

Panzerwu

I have one question. Since playing the game. I haven't even ONCE managed to capture the enemy ALIVE!!!! I tried cornering him but the foolish idiot just used his pistol to shoot against a guy holding a Captured PPsh41, well, I had nochoice but to give him a few bullets . And it doesn't work if EVEN if you have corned a man with no weapon!!! he just runs...

How the hell to you capture the enemy with his hands stuck up in the air so that you can march him back to POW camp???

P.S the enemy must have balls of steel...Even a Tiger tank couldn't scare him when the muzzle was pointed at him...he just took his pistol and shot 2 shots and then........ran... but still didn't surrender...

You can't. Doesn't usually affect gameplay, but sometimes I find myself gunning down unarmed tank crews as quickly as possible as if you leave them be they distract your troops from more serious threats. Close Combat had this one fairly sensibly handled - surrendering troops stood there and (if I remember correctly) couldn't be directly, but you could still kill them if they got in the way of an explosion or fire directed elsewhere.

Nastiest one was one when I ran a tank across a group of infantry prone in a line firing at some of my infantry. Squashed them all but the last one, who made a run for it at the last moment before I gunned him down. So I agree, infantry sometimes seem a little too steel-balled.

Have fun

Finn

Hmm....Thats some letdown...I mean, you gotta admit, it feels good to look on a row after row of soldiers surrendering after a major breakpoint in a battle....

I remember in CMAK that the infantry or crew often surrendered eventually if they were either

1.unarmed

2.pinned down

3.encircled after a defeat

But thats ironic. I mean TOW even has the chart "Captured" with the op[tion "People" on it right under the option "Tanks". The chart that appears on the Result table after you fight each battle.

Oh yeah, I tried out another experiment. I decided, that if they didn't let me see the chance of them surrendering. I decided to let them see me surrender.... At the beginning of a game, I told 5 men to throw away weapons and ammunitions. I told them to walk point blank towards the nearest soviet forces.Strange enough, they didn't get shot or killed. They just walked until they were 20 m from the nearest enemy forces... and.. "glided" towards them. In the end, they were still standing there fine and tall. But I couldn't click on them... was it a bug or what????/ Talk about Weird!!!

[ May 31, 2007, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Panzerwu ]