AI threat assessment

thewood

Can the AI assess and determine that a threat is too great and move into cover or backup? I have yet to see this in the dozen or so missions I have played.

This is not the same as retreat under fire, but like a T-26 coming over a crest and seeing a Pak40 and then determing that the best thing is to back over the ridge, without human intervention.

Originally posted by Spacehusky:

A unit might refuse to obey your orders because it felt they were too dangerous.

Are we reading the same posts. Reread mine. That is exactly what I am asking. Will a unit give itself an order to remove itself from danger without being fired on. No human intervention. Not just refuse an order, but countermand an order because it puts the unit in danger.

I've seen my tanks withdraw down the reverse slopes of hills without having ordered them to do that (especially in the 2nd to last German scenario). There were AT guns on the other side at the time, but whether this was a coincidence or not I don't know. Usually they just get shot up though or continue down the hill towards the enemy.

Have fun

Finn

Originally posted by Spacehusky:

A unit might refuse to obey your orders because it felt they were too dangerous.

I've never had that happen unless a unit is panicked. Units get pinned sometimes but they seem to wake up really quickly.

Have fun

Finn