Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

issue with facing/hiding routine...

dizee

i noticed that when you put the troops on hold fire, they will go through attack animation anyway. this is the reason why undetected soldiers in prone position, are doing this "hi im here" stand up lie down thing.

alot would be won, imho, if hold fire would not just stop the troops from shooting, but from doing their attack routine all together. i guess this applies for the tanks changing their facing constantly too.

I understand what you mean. On the other hand I wouldn't like to see them behave like robots too much doing exactly as told.

In this specific instance you can tell the soldier/tank which way to turn himself using a point or another unit as reference. What I found out is that if the soldier is prone in the high grass he can't see well so he goes to a knee posture to better see things and then back down. Also it depends on the skills of the soldiers, specially scouting.

But there are some pretty strange behaviour of soldiers sometimes. I find it specially annoying when they are close to the enemy and just turn on their axis like some sort of eletronic toy. They might have an enemy just beside them but cant see or hear him!