anybody out there could answer this

for me i would appericate it.

having trouble setting up placement sectors

for begining of mission.For placing your units

before battle.I can get the sectors to show

up on editor map but not when I go to test

the mission they all clup up and no visaul set up

zones.

Same here. I created three setup sectors for my troops Disposition_1, Disposition_2, and Disposition_3. These appear properly in the editor. I created one squad of German troops. The troops appear on the map in GAME mode, but there is no checkerboard setup zones as there is in the pre-made missions. I created the trigger ActivateDispositionMode with the proper rects as named above, in the init file, bust still no joy.

I was able to get the "Start Mission" button to appear by adding the trigger, but no setup areas. What's the deal? I can't find anything else that pertains to this in the pre-made scenarios. What am I missing?

Let me take a shot at this.

If I understand you correctly, you want to be able to place your units in specific locations and have a setup area. When you place enemy or allied units, in the editor they appear in the same place in the game, but you have to use placeholders to place your troops in their initial locations. All reinforcements will appear wherever you place them in the editor.

To make your initial troop dispositions you have to use placeholders. In the Mission Tree there is a section called ArmyComposition. Under this section there are three others named -- Outdated, Permission, and Placeholders. If you want to place an infantry detachment, right-click on Placeholders and click on "Add Detachment Placeholder" You can rename it to the infantry detachment placeholder you want to use, or else, I believe, it will use the first infantry detachment on your Deployment list. You must do this for all of the units that will be present at the beginning of the scenario.

Secondly, if you want to create a setup sector for your troops, you must draw a rectangle around the area, then in the triggers tab, double click "init" enter the command:

ActivateDispositionMode ( "Ac_Rect_1" )

Where "Ac_Rect_1" is the name of your rectangle. You can include more than one Rectangle as follows:

ActivateDispositionMode ( "Ac_Rect_1" , "Ac_Rect_2" )

Hopefully, that answers your questions.

Oudy

Thanks Oudy

Upon looking at my code, I had the quotes in the syntax improperly implemented. For others editing with the Mission Editor, if you see coded text in red, that indicates a syntax error. Green code means proper implementation or syntax.