Concealment of crawling inf in the grass missing

oho

Hi all,

in the demo, tanks killed my crawling infantry when they were pretty far away although. I read somewhere that grass is not regarded as cover. Please adress this in the patch, at least infantry proned should be very hard to spott unless they shoot. This was so unrealistic in the demo that i hesitate to buy the game - along with some other features already mentioned here.

Actually I think most of these "hard" spots are actually occuring after the unit starts firing. Then all bets are off. It does seem however that tanks have some sort of ability to spot individual infantry targets that are BEHIND THEM much too easily. You can get fairly close but inevitably the tank will rotate and start chattering at you with the MG. This makes using AT nades very difficult because you can't even sneak up behind a tank and get in range before he rotates and blasts you.

The only time I have had any luck is when the enemy tanks move too close into a trenchline and some of the guys in it are able to lob a few off.

I have to wonder how much of this is a realism issue and how much is a result of what people saw in CMx1 and accepted as real.

We all have to admit that there is no hard scientific data to tell us exactly how easy it is to hide a man from any number of different tanks in any number of different environments. CMx1 favored the man, TOW favors the tank, but where is the sweet spot?

Originally posted by Bioseed:

Cover and concealment are not the same thing, and grass can conceal, as long as the troops are in an area that has an actual grass texture and is not bare land.

This is definitively not true:

Originally posted by SoaN:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by FinnN:

Just to confirm - the different grass types, eg wheat fields, green fields, ploughed fields - all offer the same amount of visibility?

Yes, all types of grass offer the same amount of visibility. </font>