MP Opponents

Spartan

Hi,

I ha d terrible trouble getting the game to run at all but now with a new video card and PSU and £140 later it works a treat. I think this game has fantastic potential and if anyone out there is not enjoying it then dig deeper and be patient and you wont be disappointed.

But I only ever wanted to play online so what is the status at the moment? Is the game being played successfully online and if so how do I find a player?

Mike

I tried it a few times and it wasn`t worth the loading time. One time we managed to get 4 players together and then I waited for 50 minutes, but nothing happened. Actually I didn`t want to be the first one who quits and leaves, but afterwards I figured out I was the last one. :)

But no reponse in the game that the others dropped already. In a 2 player game it can load around 5 minutes, but you only have a handful of units and no reinforcements. And the maps are poorly designed and look like the surface of the moon.

At least it was like this way for the first week after it was released. I don`know, if there has been changes yet. Until there are changes I cannot recommend it.

Best way to find a player is via a messenger like ICQ or the IP address lobby. But I forgot the link. You can find it a few thread pages backwards. People talked about it often around the release date.

I have written in a other thread this:

The MP part of TOW must be tweaked as soon as possible after patching the SP part.

There are a 7 mainly problems that need to be fixed very urgend:

1.)The netcode must be improved.

2.)Implement a game lobby or a ip stock exchange at BF website to find mp games.

3.)Possibility to change the stuff, troops and tanks before starting the MP game for every player / map. Same as in singelplayer!

4.)Implement multiplayer modes like capture the flag, frontline, assault, king of the hill or other nice modes. But the most important multiplayer mode is capture the flag also known as battlezones.

5.)More MP maps

6.)Possibility to make / change MP maps with the editor

7.)Self loading feature for all clients if a MP game is hosted