Plane screens

crazyman56

I think they had mentioned that they would have removed heavy bombers from the game. I admit that I assumed they were removing everything heavier than a ground attack plane (Ju87, Il2, Typhoon...).

Obviously tactical bombers are included and can perform some kind of tactical bomb runs. Like attack that wind mill - It seems to be a major supply dumb for the French ;)

Uwe

Originally posted by flintlock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kharnvor:

But where's my Stuka!?

It's been commandeered by Göring to fly some art from Paris to an undisclosed destination. </font>

Originally posted by flintlock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kharnvor:

But where's my Stuka!?

It's been commandeered by Göring to fly some art from Paris to an undisclosed destination. </font>

Originally posted by Reichenberg:

I think they had mentioned that they would have removed heavy bombers from the game. I admit that I assumed they were removing everything heavier than a ground attack plane (Ju87, Il2, Typhoon...).

Obviously tactical bombers are included and can perform some kind of tactical bomb runs. Like attack that wind mill - It seems to be a major supply dumb for the French ;)

Uwe

well He111 and Ju88 is just about as heavy as it gets for the Joe Shmoe german - I had never assumed they would put in the He177 or some such.

And somehow, despite having read some adventures of Do17s early in the war, more or less prowling to attack targets of opportunity in France, in the diary of KG 2, I just cannot imagine He111s directly level bombing into a running battle CAS-style. Not saying it never happened - but its just not the typical way things were going.