German Campaign - Battle of Seliger

JG53_Jaguar

The Battle before the battle of Seliger I had 3 Pz Mark IVCs and 1 Pz Mark IIIF. In the current battle - Battle of Seliger all my tanks were removed from my force and the units that I'm allowed to buy are only Pz Mark IIC and IIF - what the heck happened to my Pz Mark IVCs ??? They were in good condition in the previous battle and didn't suffer any casualties. There will be T-34s again in this mission, what am I suppose to do with my Pz Mark IIs...throw rocks against those T-34s ? The campaign refit logic just doesn't make sense to me...maybe I missing something, guess I should read in the manual. Did anyone come across this issue besides me ?

Peter

In the misson description it mentions something about the Germans having minimal cavalry forces deployed in the area (minimal forces in general iirc), so I think the lack of anything above Panzer II's is explained by that.

As far as T-34s are concerned, none ever showed up for me, only T-60s, just make sure you save your APCR magazines for them.

If you do run out though, more Panzer II Fs and 250's show up with Pak36s so don't worry.

This was the first battle, where I got to dislike the LOS. The enemy PAK can hit you directly after the mission starts, although there are so many trees in between.

Hm, now I got used to it, but at that time I really got the feeling that the trees are just for cosmetical purposes.

I only could defeat the T-60`with the PAK I either captured or brought to the front.

Funny is this ridiculous assault of the snowmobiles. :) Why did they put them in, but left the 88 (for example) out?

And in this map I encountered one ?bug? directly in the start-up phase. One PAK I "bought" was not moveable and was positioned close to the enemy trenches outside the area in which you can put the units. Of course it got knocked out at once. This bug or whatever it was I encountered in two or three missions in the german campaign.