AT Guns vs Tanks

Blaze

I have been having a real hard time getting past the AT Guns of the USSR while playing Germany. If I try to shoot it out with them I usually lose at a rate of 3 to 1 or better. I can't send my infantry in to take them out because they are behind the Russian defensive lines and my infantry gets mauled by theirs. I am playing the fourth mission in the Campaign.

I've survived maytimes until it's time to hold off the Russian counter attack but by then I have no Armor and the Captured AT guns don't have enough rounds to deal with those Nasty T-34's. Any ideas?

Were AT guns this effective I'm getting my tanks torched at 1000+meters while they are on the move.

Frustrating,

Blaze

Sort of funny as this game can begin to grow on you like a cancer. I finally beat that mission and when I did I had only lost 2 tanks.

I've found that once you have an AT in sight so long as you pound it with as much firepower as you can muster it usually dies pretty quick; not as quick as it should in my opinion but WTH? I would think a relativly exposed gun crew would get wiped out rather quickly by 2 or more tanks inside of 1000 yards firing from a stationary position with all weapons.

Supression of gun crews does not seem to be modeled too well IMO. Maybe even if you don't kill the crew right away you would think that HE rounds going of nearby and MG bullets from the tanks gunners would throw off their aim some, but I have seen on more than one occasion where a sole surviving crewman not only survives to fight another day but takes two tanks with him at range?