Game is great

OES95

Originally posted by OES95:

Now if only I could win one stinking mission! I have lost against the bleeding polish!

What? It is really easy... use your tanks to eliminate AT guns, use arty to soften infantry or at guns and then destroy those "tanks"...

I use tanks in line formation x x x x

maybe I will play it again - maybe I can play it to not lose anything I think that it is possible.

also you can use those polish AT guns against them. maybe there is more, someone else will give you some tips...

Dunkirk on the other hand is pain but I didn't have too much time to play it. And I also still suck at Theatre of War hehe. I am sure that already many players here are really good at playing. I will play it slowly.

Well what happened to me is that all my tanks got disabled from the counter attacking tankettes, and the last two 75mm guns that were in the town

Oh yeh and my infantry was being massacred cause I did banzai charge up hills

Well what happened to me is that all my tanks got disabled from the counter attacking tankettes, and the last two 75mm guns that were in the town

Patience, you must have patience in this game.

Slowly move your tanks in line. x x x x so all are in front and use maximum fire power.

Infantry is behind.

Then when you see one AT gun concentrate ALL fire of ALL tanks on that one gun. I made to the trenches without single tank lost. Support is very important in this game so you have to watch that some tank don't get too much ahead because it's bye bye to him then.

It's a matter of luck as well I think.

Oops I am talking about the tactics and I suck at playing ToW smile.gif Well, in one or more month I will also be better.

How far abreast should each be? Or should they be close to one another?

I usually keep them close enough, so they have similar line of sight, but a lit spread, so they dont became easy targets to the enemy.

But it is not rocket science, you just have to outsmart the ai, and save often :D

Hmm I just need to keep my calm cause its bugging me cause its the mighty german army, against a rag tag polish defense, tst, Der Fuerher would have had me executed cause of the appalling casualties I would have had.

Originally posted by Bloodstar44:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by OES95:

Patience, you must have patience in this game.

Slowly move your tanks in line. x x x x so all are in front and use maximum fire power.

Infantry is behind.

Then when you see one AT gun concentrate ALL fire of ALL tanks on that one gun. I made to the trenches without single tank lost. Support is very important in this game so you have to watch that some tank don't get too much ahead because it's bye bye to him then.

It's a matter of luck as well I think.

Oops I am talking about the tactics and I suck at playing ToW smile.gif Well, in one or more month I will also be better. </font>

OES95

Territory is won by firepower not moving. The only reason to move is to bring that firepower into play, or to place it so when the enemy moves he comes under fire (eg to cut off his escape routes).

Moving under fire gives the enemy a free shot.

So when to move under fire?

1) When the range is long and your fire will be ineffective as will his.

2)When closing even closer is worth the cost of losses and will undermine his position.

3)When it will reveal additional shooters at minimal cost to you which you can engage with free units.

In both offence and defence concentrate firepower.

On defence look for supporting positions where multiple types of firers can hit multiple types of targets (ie no dead zones). Go for depth, if he attempts to take a position or actually does so comes under fire from other positions.

On offence attack in depth, scout his positions and then pin them in place, bring up additional firepower and blast the choice ones. Move other firepower to the rear to cut him off and blast him if he repositions. Then move on.

In all cases get as close as you dare for best results and patience.

Hope it helps.