Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Problems with Uniform Graphics

Just got CMBB last week and, as expected, its magnificent! Only one minor fly in the ointment:

The German, Hungarian, Finnish, and Bulgarian uniforms and objective flags don't seem to load properly. All I see is a kind of multicoloured fuzz. Unusually, all the Soviet units I've tested so far display perfectly, as well as the Axis tankers and officers. Only regular troops and objective flags seem affected, as I said. I've tried deleting the CMBB preferences file and running at a lower screen resolution, increasing the memory to CMBB, doing a clean install, and combinations of the above.

I'm running the game on a G4 Silver, 733 MHz, 256MB RAM, 32MB GeForce 2 (MX I think), OS 9.2.

I also tried looking through the BMP files to see if they are corrupted but there are so many I haven't found the uniforms section yet. If any modder out there has the number code for Axis uniforms I'd be most grateful. Any other suggestions also welcome.

Thanks. :confused:

Perhaps you need to update your video drivers ?

Some people have had problems with the latest v. 3.0 Update drivers from Apple. The URL is too long for UBB, so you'll need to copy & paste the following URL and add an 'http:' to the front (AppleCare Article ID: 120110):

//docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120110&SaveKCWindowURL=http%3A%2F%2Fkbase.info.apple.com%2Fcgi-bin%2FWebObjects%2Fkbase.woa%2Fwa%2FSaveKCToHomePage&searchMode=Expert&kbho st=kbase.info.apple.com&showButton=false&randomValue=100&showSurvey=false&sessionID=anonymous|154873586

It's suggested that you have OS 9.2.2, so you may want to consider updating to that too. Of course there can be other implications to doing an OS upgrade so you may want to think carefully about this.

There's also a specific GeForce2 MX update that updates the drivers and firmware, but you may already be using newer (or the same) drivers and your video card may already be updated to this firmware level (AppleCare Article ID: 75115):

//docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=75115&SaveKCWindowURL=http%3A%2F%2Fkbase.info.apple.com%2Fcgi-bin%2FWebObjects%2Fkbase.woa%2Fwa%2FSaveKCToHomePage&searchMode=Expert&kbhos t=kbase.info.apple.com&showButton=false&randomValue=100&showSurvey=false&sessionID=anonymous|154873586

Again, I don't know if any of these upgrades will help with your particular problem. There are random Mac users out there who have graphics problems with CMBB, even though they have the latest drivers, etc. And not everyone has these problems so it's a near wash trying to figure out what the exact culprit is.