Moscow - German Campaign

JG53_Jaguar

I thought Dunkirk was hard...it took me a while to complete that one. In the end I didn't loose a single tank. Though I had few immobilized.

Here comes Moscow, holy smokes it makes Dunkirk look like a training mission. I have no problem with any of the guns but those T-34s are really tough to deal with. Do we have German AA 88mm guns in the game ? I sure hope so cause I'm just about to call the division commander to send me one or two of those :D

One other thing....shouldn't I be getting Pz Mark IV Es by the time I hit Moscow ? There were only about 130 Of IVCs ever built. I'm surprised the German still has some left for Russian campaign in 1941. Even IVDs would be an upgrade...

[ April 22, 2007, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: JG53_Jaguar ]

I just finished that one. It was hard, but was able to take out the t-34's with combined fire power of tanks and at guns. I ended up disabling all of them, and even capturing 2 of them before the missions was over. The key to dealing with them is to have some aiming for turret(to try and disable the gun), and the others targeting tracks to try and keep them in place. I ended mission with 3 of my tanks getting smoked, but got all theres and even captured all there at guns...

Mike

i used the ZiS-2 too. it worked fine. it wasnt a tough mission imo. but the at's did the work for me.

Now back in Fance and i have to defend a hill with inf against armor LOL.

The wittmann mission was a lot of fun. 3 tigers running across your screen shooting the hell out of everything.

u dont have to kill this 3 t-34 . i drive fast with my pz4 om my right side to the hill where this t-34 stand . than i can drive on the railway to the railwaystation , the t-34 cant see me . i kill the one t-34 and 4 small tanks ( ambrush behind the big house near the railwaystation )and after my inf come to the railwaystaion i won this battle .

In this mission my PAK 38 killed the T-34. I think the tank was turning around, then my PAK had a clear shot at the sensitive ventilation system. The bullet sneaked through the inner organs of the tank, afterwards knocking out every single crew member ...one after another. :)

Actually I don`t know how they did it, but it brought the PAK crew a medal afterwards. :)

Jaguar, and then I can only suggest the same what I suggested for the Dunkirk Mission. Make use of Quicksave and enjoy the shootouts.

Afterwards there will be missions which can drive you crazy even with QuickSave and Tigers.

This shouldn`t mean that you have to use it as often as in FPS. :) But there will be missions, where the enemies reinforcements will appear in the back of your tanks, there`s hardly time to turn them. :-(

And then there are also battles which are decided by luck:

1 imobilized Tiger and 1 Panther of mine, against 5 Shermans and 1 M10. 2 of the Shermans were M4A3 76mm. So, this bunch entered the map firing from all barrels and in 6 times knocked out both, the Tiger and Panther. Hm, I thought I cannot win this mission anymore with these 1,5 tanks.

Then I tried another time and then only the Tiger knocked out 5 Shermans, the Panther the M10 and both survived ...for the next wave.

If I had restarted this mission again and again, I would have gone crazy, because this was already the second or third wave.

Or let`s say ...crazier than I`m already are. :)

Maybe this difficulty depends on that I play in Veteran level, but since I didn`t try the others I have no comparison.

If there wouldn`t be this unfair scripted reinforcements, I wouldn`t save the game at all. But I don`t like if you defend to the right and then to the left without giving you a little prep time. As if the enemy waves are stealth units and are not heard or seen before they enter the map. :)