How to Reassigne Troops

K9crump

actually they are dropped in the second German battle, so I took art, could not reassign them in the rewards page and then they vanished in the assign units page, ie lost those guys permanently in the Dunkirk setup units page.. anything else? what are we , I , missing ?

Hm, dont know what to say there. They should appear in the next unit selection menu for the next battle. It is after that next battle that the captured unit will be taken out of selection and you will lose your crew.

So for instance, you captured a tank in the first battle. It will show up for the second battle, but not the third. So you will want to reclaim your crew after the first battle. If you so desire to use that tank, then you might want to put an inexperienced crew in it.

To be honest I have not tried to capture anything in this latest version. But that is what should happen.

hi

I'm having the same issue, captured 3 bofers in the 1st battle of the german camp, inthe rewards page it clearly showed both the guns and crews, yet I could not reasign them, clicked next and the guns had gone in the next battle page,

reading the manual the guns and the crews which ended the previous battle should be in this page so you have the chance to reasign them,

Mine have vanished,

am I missing something or is this for the 1st patch

So, I wonder if its usefull to even capture stuff. If it helps with points or getting better reinforcements, I would gladly put regular soldiers on capture stuff. But, if it does nothing but lose men, then forget it...

Mike

This is from the manual

"All enemy equipment controlled by your soldiers at the end of a

battle is considered to be captured. You can use such equipment during the

ongoing battle but may not keep it between operations.

Therefore, soon after the battle in which the equipment was captured,

all captured equipment is withdrawn from your command and

passes to the control of other units (maintenance, rear-based units etc.).

In order to give you a chance to reassign any valuable crew members

to other units before such units are withdrawn from your command, all

captured equipment stays on your reserve roster for one battle after it was

captured, but it cannot be used in battles or form part of a new combat

detachment.

Before the next battle you should make sure to re-assign any crew

members to other forces and/or staff the captured equipment with unexperienced

soldiers."

Until a fix maybe best to use captured equipment during battle but leave it b4 battle end.

I'm also finding I can't entre abandon tanks, just trying everything in a won battle ,can pick up weapons etc but that's about it.

During the months 0f 1941 the germans used more and more captured equipment since the new tanks where being kept for the new Panzer divisins back in germany this shouldhave be a part of this game or at lest as stated above you gain xtra equipment??

or what's the point in holding captured equipment.

[ April 24, 2007, 04:43 AM: Message edited by: you1 ]