Small battles? Stopping berserker tanks...

RuhrRiver

I bought the game, but I think I could do better at learning the possibilities and how to play better if I could have a variety of small battle situations. Am I correct that the only small battles (couple of squads and a few vehicles/armor) are the training scenarios? Has anyone started developing/designing some small battles?

I tried focusing on just a squad (?) and four tanks in the "Razor's Edge" battle, and while I carefully advanced my forces, all the rest of my troops on the map were slaughtered and the victorious Jerries from those fights came after me .

One other thing: units--especially tanks--keep moving forward to be shot down despite repeated commands to stop, reverse, fire, etc. It seems like if they get a few hundred yards from the enemy they decide that charging is the only effective tactic. Am I missing something here?

Talking of beserker tanks, it seems that if one loses its main gun it'll keep on attacking its target using its machine guns. Yesterday I had a lone tank drive down a hill directly into a group of 3 panthers and a tiger and then drive around them aimlessly for a while until it was knocked out by another unit. Likewise the crew from knocked out vehicles seem to have a liking for grabbing grenades and charging enemy vehicles/positions if left to their own devices. Very weird all round.

Have fun

Finn